Hockley, Texas

I will never buy another gateway.they do not update the drivers if it is over 5 years old.

I have a MP8708 gateway lap top and I tried installed windows 7 and gateway does not have drivers for windows 7 thus windows 7 locks up because gateway will not update there divers for the gateway MO8708 machine ... the MP8708 is a good machine, however, there service for the consumer is not the best, it in fact stinks ... they want u to spend more money on a new machine...

rather that update there drivers for older machines...i suggest u never buy a gateway computer

Had an Experience with Gateway?

Comments

Gateway pc's are garbage. Hunting for drivers is a *** nightmare, and they don't display the actual model numbers on alot of models.

#196073

I've just checked the specifications for your model MP8708 Gateway and it should run Windows7 easily without problems or the need for additional drivers. If you read the minimum requirements on the box of the Windows7 installation discs you will see that that model Gateway far exceeds the requirements. You should get somebody who knows how to install Windows7 to do it for you.

#196071

#195670

Well I'm running the 32 bit version of Windows7 on a 5 year old desktop and never had a problem.The only driver I had to update was the one for my 9 year old Canon scanner.

Windows7 saw my 9 year old Canon printer and installed the driver on its own.

Quite frankly, I don't quite know what the problem is about "drivers".

If you are using the Windows7 Upgrade it should install without problem over a qualifying operating system such as Windows XP or Vista.If your hard drive is blank you will have to install the full version of Windows7.

#195656

Wait you are trying to install Win 7 on a 5 year old laptop???

How *** can you be?

I am willing to bet you want to install the 64 BIT version too.