I bought a Netbook computer from Verizon Wireless in Dec of 2009. After loading my documents and software, I started encountering errors in the hardware and screen freezes.

I called Verizon Repair and they asked me to contact Gateway, since they do not cover the Netbook themselves. I called Gateway Repair and they suggested I recover the computer to set it back to its original state. After doing so, I still encountered errors and freeze ups. I continued to try and use it, calling Gateway repair when I had enough time to sit and work with them.

After many calls and hours of Tech Support, they ask that I send the Netbook to their repair center in Texas. I did this and when I got it back, it had the same error messages as before. They Indicated the changed the Main board and the Hard Drive but from my point of view, it was still broken. Again I contacted Gateway Repair on several occasions and again there were hours of changing of settings and recovering the computer back to its original state.

The error messages did not go away so they had me send it to Texas again. Then I get it back again and 5 minutes after turning it on, I get the same error messages and freezes as before. Again I call Repair and spend an additional hour, changing settings and "turning off" the ability off the Notebook's ability to warn me of USB errors. The technicians are polite and seem to want to help, but it seems the Netbook is just too much for them.

It is now May 14, 2010 and I have paid over $240 to Verizon for Air Time, Lost over $900 due to lost appointments out of Outlook Calendar, Several Patients upset they were not able to be seen for an appointment, 10 Hours of my time (I am a doctor@ $150/Hr) and assorted other costs to ship the Netbook to Texas. I bought this device as a convenience and to save me time and money. I am still waiting to use it and have it work reliably. I use a 5 year old Sony laptop between the Netbook melt downs.

This is definitely not saving me a dime and the frustration is ridiculous.

I wanted a tool which would help me in my business and the Gateway Netbook is definitely not what I needed.

Comments